Sooooo two days left until I leave. Crazy!! Maddy and Michelle left Tuesday to meet Star in Argentina and the fact that I'm going to be down there with them in a few days is nuts. I don't even know what to say besides that I can't believe this is actually happening... I can't believe I'm about to spend the next five months in South America living out of a backpack. Ahhhhh twill be quite the adventure, I can't wait!!!!! I literally have no idea what is going to happen which is the exciting part.
This is what I know:
- Meeting Maddy, Michelle, and Star in Buenos Aires Sept 10
- They fly out of Ecuador Dec 9
- Lauren and Louie fly into Ecuador (I think?) sometime in December
- Tentative flight home is on Feb 28 from Brazil.
Aside from that........... we shall see. Planning on making it to Uruguay, Chile, Peru, and Bolivia.
- volunteer as much as possible
- come back fluent/close to in Spanish
- pay for room/board as infrequently as possible by working at hostels, on farms, etc etc
- hang on to my phone (had a hard time with that one in South Africa..)
Less than 48 hours to go and I have 8 hours of work, 2 Giants games to watch, lots of Spanish to review, 1 backpack to pack, a checklist of random things to do.... and all I want to do is watch Breaking Bad. Good luck to meeee